Sunday, March 27, 2016

25 Marzo 2016

25 Marzo 2016
Not much new is going on. This week is Semana Santa, or basically a cross between Spring Break and Thanksgiving. It's been hard to get into people's houses because everyone's on vacation or has family in town. Basically just Basilio and Hagapita are the only ones that are reliably at home.

Funny moments from the house of Basilio and Hagapita:

Us: "Are you two ready to get baptized April 9th?"
Basilio: "I am. I don't know about her. Hey, Gapi!"
Hagapita: "What?"
Basilio: "He's asking if you want to get baptized."
Hagapita: "What?"
Basilio: "Do you want to get baptized?!"
Hagapita: "If I want to get baptized?"
Basilio: "DO YOU WANT TO GET BAPTIZED?"
Hagapita: *pause* "I can't hear you."
Basilio: "DO YOU WANT TO GET BAPTIZED?!"
Hagapita: "Oh, of course!"

Other moment: We just barely get there to her house. That's the setting.

Hagapita: "Come on in, my husband's not home yet, but come in!"
Us: "Don't worry about it, we'll come back in about 30 minutes."
Hagapita: "No, just come in!"
Us: "No, really, we'll just come back in half an hour."
Hagapita: "Okay, that's fine. Today I drank orange juice and milk and it gave me really bad diarrhea."
Us: "Uh...We'll be back in a little bit."

We found another really awesome lady this week. Her name is Elidia Valdez. She was an old investigator that we found by the area book. We shared the "Aleluya" video with her and at the end of the video comes the phrase: "Averigua como" or "Found out how." The video ended and she looked up at us and said "How?" We kinda were stumped by that question. How what? But then she explained. "How can I have the blessings of the Atonement in my life?" We shared a scripture about baptism. "Oh, so I need to be baptized. I haven't baptized my kids yet. What do you guys think about infant baptism?" Moroni 8. "That's what I've always thought. Yeah, I'll be baptized. Just let me get to know the church a little first and pray about it." Yeah, that was pretty awesome.

We've been finding a lot a awesome people recently. I really hope I have more to say next week.

Last week I mentioned some really good news. Well, never mind. The news were that Elder Flores and I were going to train a kid in the last two weeks of the transfer who was coming from Chile. Right now in the mission we have sister missionary district leaders and we would've been assistant trainers, two things that I don't think have ever happened in the history of the mission. But the process with his visa got complicated and so that's not going to happen.

A couple days ago I was in the hospital with a missionary who was having some health problems. He's Elder Domiciano from Brazil, so it was interesting hearing his Spanish all day with a really thick Brazilian accent. We sometimes speak in Spanglish and missionaries, he was speaking in Brasanglish. It was kinda weird but cool. And we saw part of the Iron Giant in Spanish while we were there. It was really good. A lot of movies translated to Spanish don't make a lot of sense, but they did that one really well.

Well, those are the highlights of the week. We're not entirely sure we're going to have P-Day this next week, so if I don't write, I'm probably fine. Just don't worry about it.

Talk to you all later!

¡Los quiero!

Elder Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment