Tuesday, April 30, 2013

D&C 29:35

I ran across an interesting claim, some of you may have heard it as well. "My party is God's party." Or at least that's what it amounts to. "God gave us this form of government and condemns that one." "God doesn't like your party." They all amount to the same. Here's what (Mormons believe) God has to say about that thinking:
  
"Wherefore, verily I say unto you that all things unto me are spiritual, and not at any time have I given unto you a law which was temporal; neither any man, nor the children of men; neither Adam, your father, whom I created."

I realize that this may come off as hypocritical. I have made claims in the past that may seem exactly like what I'm preaching against right now. The very existence of a "Demormocrat" blog might seem like an effort to use God to argue my own viewpoints. But that is not my intent. My intent--as stated--is to show that you can be a temple-attending Mormon Democrat because sometimes people take issue with that. I try really hard to separate this in my mind because when people believe they are acting in God's name, they can do very evil things if they don't watch themselves.

By the way, there is a New Testament scripture about this as well. "My kingdom is not of this world." Look it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment