Sunday, April 14, 2013

From the Utah Democratic Party

 Email from the Utah Democratic Party, which apparently I'm a member of through LDS Dems. I don't get it. But whatever. Just substitute "Utah" for "Idaho" when reading this.

"My vision for Utah is simple: Get more Democrats elected. 
My vision is to stop the ineffectual, gerrymander-induced, one-party stranglehold that is holding Utah hostage to the 1950s.
I imagine a Utah that admits it has serious problems with clean air and oil spills. I believe in strong safety regulations (YES, more!). These controls must prevent the frequent corporate oil spills and help us clean some of America's dirtiest air.
I believe it is time to end our long nightmare of the state drastically underfunding as well as over-managing our children's education.
My vision is to protect Utah's dreamers--they are sacred, they are our children!
My goal is to stop raising tuition to our colleges and universities. Our state has raised tuition more than 40% over the last few years, way above inflation. We are pricing many of our students out of an education.
In my vision we end the no-brain Washington lobbyist 'tax pledges' that have tied our public officials' hands for years.
My vision for Utah is a state that believes in full, unapologetic equality for all.
My vision is that working families earn a decent wage with a strong and vibrant labor community to support workers.
My vision is to bring back a sense of optimism, and to restore our excitement and ingenuity about what Utah can become--and about how government can be a partner--not a scorned interloper.
My vision is for a protected Greater Canyonlands stewardship, preserved for countless future generations and open to all kinds of recreational activities - forever.
My vision is one where we have a fair immigration policy in line with the Utah Compact. A plan that gives good people a real pathway to citizenship.
My vision includes a reasonable interpretation of the 2nd Amendment including a background check for all.
I imagine a Utah where there is no education gap! Where no one sleeps well knowing that only 57% of our Hispanic children graduate from our high schools."

No comments:

Post a Comment